Chances are you have a good idea of where you want to go in life. At Synergy, we do everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great jobs, but great lives. So if you enjoy a good challenge, and you believe in having fun at the same time, then talk to us.
We are constantly on the lookout for the best business analytics and financial performance management skills available. If you believe you fit the bill, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently actively looking for the following skills:
Junior FPM Consultant
We are a division of one of South Africa’s leading technology and business services companies and are looking for a junior TM1(IBM Planning Analytics) consultant for our Durban Office.
Tm1 is a best-of-breed Forecasting and Budgeting package from IBM. Experience in Tm1 is not required, but it is essential that applicants have experiences in a BI or Analytics tool.
The purpose of this role is to provide support for one of our key customers, assist senior developers, and progress towards consulting on new projects. Besides Tm1, we support a wide range of leading business intelligence and analytics tools. This role would suit a candidate who would like to ultimately expand into multiple technologies and work for one of the largest Analytics consultancies in South Africa.
- Provide support to one of our key customers
- Assist senior developers
- In the long term, progress into consultancy as well as other technologies
- An appropriate degree or equivalent diploma in Information Systems and/or Accounting
Skills / Knowledge
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience in Tm1 would be preferable
- Some exposure to a BI/FPM tool – eg Cognos, Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI, SSRS, SSAS etc
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Highly numerate
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and troubleshooting ability
- Must be a customer focused individual
- At least two years experience in BI role
- Good acumen for accounting and working with numbers
To apply for this position, send a detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com with TM1 Consultant in the subject line.
Download the Job Description
If you are still studying, you may want to know about Synergy’s graduate programme. Established about a decade ago, this programme gives you as a postgraduate an opportunity to hone your skills under the mentorship of expert senior consultants.
Through the programme, graduates benefit from:
- exposure to multiple disciplines within BI;
- exposure to multiple industries;
- a focused mentorship programme, where you are rotated through various BI competencies and your skills are tested practically; and
- an induction and initial training programme, including a practical training course, at the end of which you present back to the MD, BI solutions manager and senior consultants.
The ultimate goal is a well-rounded consultant whom Synergy can confidently place on a customer site, as well as a challenging and fruitful career path at Synergy. If you believe you fit the bill, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org