This is a fully customised 2 day course designed for the head consolidators of a Group and a person who is ultimately responsible for the outcome of the consolidated results.
IBM Cognos Controller Administrator is an advanced 2-day customised training course. Designed for key consolidation finance representatives, this course covers how to effectively use Controller in an organization’s consolidation process.
Students will also design and generate financial reports using Controller.
Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, students will maintain and update structures such as accounts and companies, and then test the application to ensure that it works properly.
Students will also learn how to work with currency conversion, intercompany transactions, and investments in subsidiaries, as well as define configuration settings for automatic journal elimination and update/amend user access to the application.
Must be the person responsible for the consolidation in Controller and whose responsibility it will be to maintain the application going forward
- Structures (company and accounts)
- Operational – loading data, reconciling, locking and unlocking
- Consolidation – including investment register, minorities etc
- Trial balance with Drilldown – analysis of consolidated results
- Journals across report – analysis of consolidated results
- Locking and reconciling your Group with Command Centre
- Adding New Cognos Controller Users
- Creating and maintaining security Groups
- Creating users
- Building your own reports